Champagne Battered Fish
- 1/2 a bottle of Champagne
- 100g of corn flour
- 100g of plain flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of grated lemon zest
- 1 bunch of dill
- 2 litres of canola oil
- 500g of fish fillets (Ling/Dory)
- A small bowl of plain flour
- Combine both flours, a pinch of salt, lemon zest and chopped dill.
- Add in chilled Champagne and whisk continuously until you reach the required consistency.
- Check fillets for bones, then dredge into plain flour, dip into Champagne batter, allow excess to drip away then deep fry at 180C until crispy (about 3-5 minutes.)
- Serve with "The Best Wedges" and tartare sauce.
The Best Wedges
- Take 6 medium sized washed potatoes and bake them in the oven for about 1 hour at 180C (until the skin is slightly crisped and the flesh is soft).
- Allow the potatoes to cool to room temperature (refrigerated is better).
- Once chilled, chop into sixths lengthwise and fry in hot oil until deliciously crispy.