» Print Recipe
Delicious chewy chocolate slice with rich chocolate and coconut icing. The perfect end to any meal, gift for friends or lunchbox snack!
1. Place butter, sugar, coconut, egg, sifted flours and cocoa in a bowl. Mix very well.
2. Press mixture into a greased 20cm x 20cm cake pan, I like to line it with baking paper. This makes it easier to get out of the pan.
3. Bake in a 180c or 350f oven for 15 minutes. The original says 20, but I find it comes out a bit dry.
4. Allow to cool a little on a cake rack while you prepare the Icing.
6. Sift icing and cocoa into a small bowl stir in butter and enough milk to make it just spreadable, dough consistency, not runny.
7. Spread onto slice while it's still warm.
8. Once cool, slice into finger shape slices about 3in long x 1 in wide. This keeps well in either pantry or fridge in an air tight container. Even though I don't think it will last long enough.
After icing the slice, sprinkle the top with a little extra coconut for decoration.
» Related Recipes
» Metric Converter