A lovely dish to be shared among friends. Half the fun is in the preparation and the theatre of 'throwing' it all together.
1. Combine saffron and stock in saucepan. Boil over high heat, Reduce heat to low, cover and hold at gentle simmer.
2. Place crab pieces on hot plate of barbeque and cook until just done.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in paella pan, add sausage and cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until sealed. Set aside.
4. Heat remaining oil, add onion and garlic. Cook until soft - do not brown. Add rice, paprika, chilli flakes, tomatoes, squid, sausage and chicken. Mix, pushing any rice around edge gently into mixture..
5. Pour over 3 cups of hot stock and cook, uncovered, over high heat for 5 minutes. Do not stir. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Add crab and push mussels (seam side down), gently into mixture.
6. Continue to add stock and test rice. Taste the rice after about 15 minutes and every 5 minutes or so to determine when cooked. Taste from edge of pan. Top with cooked prawns. Cover and cook for a further 5 minutes. Paella should now look slightly moist, but not soupy.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
Note: The information shown is Edamam's estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Powered by Edamam
Fish with firm flesh such as blue eye, trevally, salmon or tuna could also be used which would be added with the mussels.
Trending This Week