- 2 cups sifted Self Raising Flour or 2 cups plain flour sifted with 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 4 tablespoons salted Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- Preheat flat plate on low indirect heat (no heat under bread side, burners on high)
- Into a bowl add the self raising flour and butter.
- Using fingertips, gently rub in the butter until the mix resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add flavouring and quickly mix through.
- Make a well in the centre, gently mix and gradually add milk (may need less milk depending on the consistency of the flavouring) until the mixture is all bound together.
- Turn onto a floured surface knead dough gently and shape.
- Place a BBQ mat or baking paper directly onto the flat plate.
- Put the damper on to the covered flat plate and lower the hood.
- Cook for 20 minutes on the low indirect heat method.
Different flavourings for the damper:
Rosemary & Olives:
Leaves off a Small stalk/ 2 tsp Rosemary
50g Olives chopped
Sweet Potato & Cinnamon:
1 small roasted sweet potato flesh
1 tsp cinnamon
Cheddar & Chive:
100g grated Cheese
2tsp Chives roughly chopped
Sage & Balsamic Onion: 50g Balsamic Onion
2tsp Sage roughly chopped