The Great Australian Bake Off

This Brownie masterpiece by The Great Australian Bake Off contestant Antonio is phenomenal.


  • Brownie base

  • 400g unsalted butter

  • 400g dark chocolate

  • 300g plain flour

  • 90g cocoa powder

  • 80g white chocolate

  • 66g macadamia nuts

  • 66g almonds

  • 66g pistachios

  • 200g whole eggs

  • 40g egg yolks

  • 400g caster sugar

  • 140g brown sugar

  • 2¼ tsp baking powder

  • Vanilla white chocolate mousse

  • 24g powdered gelatine

  • 124g milk

  • 600g white chocolate

  • 824g thickened cream

  • 8 vanilla beans

  • Raspberry ganache

  • 150g seedless raspberry puree

  • 15g inverted sugar

  • 150g milk chocolate

  • 100g dark chocolate

  • Passionfruit ganache

  • 200g seedless passionfruit puree

  • 20g invert sugar

  • 200g milk chocolate

  • 133g dark chocolate

  • Espresso ganache

  • 300g thickened cream

  • 15g instant coffee granules

  • 30g invert sugar

  • 300g milk chocolate

  • 200g dark chocolate

  • Whipped mascarpone

  • 1kg mascarpone cream

  • 200ml thickened cream

  • 6 tbs pure icing sugar

  • 6 vanilla beans

  • zest of 1 orange

  • 100g sweet marsala

  • Decoration

  • 500g dark chocolate

  • 400g white chocolate

  • 150g cocoa powder

  • 150g freeze dried raspberries

  • 1 fresh pineapple

  • 1 lime, finely grated rind

  • 10g powdered yellow food colour

  • Tins

  • 11”x 3” square cake tin

  • 9”x3” square cake tin

  • 7”x3” square cake tin


  • 1.

    For the brownie base, melt the butter and chocolate in a medium sized saucepan. Whisk eggs, egg yolks and both sugars until thick and lighter in colour. Pour in chocolate and butter mixture with the motor running on low. Mix in by hand the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, nuts, and white chocolate chips. Pour into prepared tin and bake for around 30 minutes at 175°C.

  • 2.

    For the vanilla white chocolate mousse, whip the cream in a stand mixer until soft peaks and store in fridge. Melt the white chocolate over a pot of lightly simmering water. Mix together the gelatin and milk and set aside to absorb the liquid. Melt the gelatin and milk mixture and mix into the melted white chocolate along with the seeds of the vanilla beans. Mix in a quarter of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture before folding in the remaining ¾. Pour on top of ganache layers and let set.

  • 3.

    For the ganache, boil the liquid, pour over the chocolate and inverted sugar. Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Pour over prepared cooled brownie bases (still leaving it in the tins).

  • 4.

    For the mascarpone cream, in a bowl whisk together all the ingredients until thick and well combined and store in a piping bag in the fridge.

  • 5.

    For the pineapple, cut into 1cm chunks and place in a bowl with 1/2C caster sugar and the zest and juice of 1 lime and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.

  • 6.

    Tempered Dark chocolate, melt 75% of the dark chocolate until it reaches 45-50°C. Mix in the remaining 25% dark chocolate until it reaches 27°C. Re-heat to 32°C. Spread onto prepared acetate sheets, sprinkle with freeze dried raspberries and cut into 3x6cm rectangles and leave to crystallize.

  • 7.

    Take prepared slices out of the fridge, remove from the tins and trim the edges. Top each layer with its own decoration before finishing with gold leaf.

Nutritional information

Nutritional analysis per serving (84 servings)

  • Energy 402kj
  • Fat Total 27g
  • Saturated Fat 16g
  • Protein 4g
  • Carbohydrate 38g
  • Sugar 30g
  • Sodium 45mg

Note: The information shown is Edamam's estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.

Powered by


This recipe has not been edited or tested by the Bake Off Food Department

Like this recipe? Subscribe to our newsletter to get more recipes like this delivered striaght to your inbox.

By registering you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Privacy Notice

Metric Converter

Tell us what you think in the comments below


Sign Out

Click to Rate

Join the Conversation

Please note, LifeStyle cannot respond to all comments posted in our comments feed. If you have a comment or query you would like LifeStyle to respond to, please use our feedback form.

0 0 0 0 0
Average Rating
0 comments • 0 ratings