1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Heat oil in a skillet. Coat eggplant slices with flour, dip in egg, then in crumbs, put in hot oil and fry until brown.
3. While frying eggplant, prepare filling.
4. In another skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive and when hot, add garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook for about 5 minutes until reduced by half. Remove from stove and let cool.
5. When cool, add ricotta, parmesan, basil, oregano, salt and pepper and mix the filling until combined. Spoon about 3 tbsp of filling on end of each eggplant slice and roll up tightly.
6. Pour ¼ cup marinara sauce into the bottom of a baking pan. Place each eggplant rollatini (seam side down) in a pan. Cover with remaining marinara sauce and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
Note: The information shown is Edamam's estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Powered by Edamam
Trending This Week