Try this tasty twist on the traditional Shepherds pie by adding some new flavours.
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion and cook stirring for 1-2 minutes until softened.
2. Add the lamb and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until browned. Breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the carrot, celery and eggplant to the pan and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
4. Add Keen's curry powder and flour. Slowly pour in the stock stirring continually to ensure no lumps.
5. Add the tomatoes, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes.
6. Stir through the broad beans, pine nuts and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Place the sweet potato in a saucepan of water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes until soft. Drain and return to the pan. Mash together with the cream and butter season to taste with the salt and pepper.
8. Transfer the mince mix to an ovenproof dish (2L/8 cup capacity) top with the sweet potato mash and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until browned.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
Note: The information shown is Edamam's estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Visit www.keenscurry.com.au to download a free e-book.
Trending This Week