Rub the duck all over with the fish sauce and leave it, skin side down over night in the fridge
2. Put the rice into a bowl and cover with water, leave this for about five minutes then drain. Scatter it evenly over a baking sheet and roast for about 30 mins, until the grains turn off white and begin to pop and become "nutty" in flavour. Crush lightly in a mortar with a pestle
3. Shake excess marinade from the duck and put in an oven proof dish with the galangal, lemongrass and 3 lime leaves. Pour the coconut milk over the top
4. Put into an oven (180°C) and cook for two hours or until the duck is really well cooked and the meat falls easily from the bone
5. When cool enough to handle lift the duck from the tray a flake the meat into a clean container.
6. In a large mixing bowl, combine the papaya, beans, cabbage, chillies, the remaining lime leaves cut into strips, the basil and the roast rice.
7. Add the duck
8. At the last combine the ingredients for the dressing, pour over the salad and toss and coat. Serve straight away.
Trending This Week