» Print Recipe
Not for the faint hearted, in Macedonia breakfast is just that, BIG. Big flavours, big servings and definitely big on calories. Eggs, kolbasi, bread and feta, balanced with the sweetness of fresh tomato. Of course there are no hard and fast rules, depending on the season extras can include grilled or fried chillies, ajvar, fried tomatoes and ham.
1) Arrange kolbasi in medium non-stick frying pan, cut side down over a low-medium heat. Allow the natural fats to release and fry until browned all over (10-15 mins). Remove and rest on plate with 2 paper towels to drain, keep warm.
2) Wipe frying pan clean and place on medium heat, add 2-3 tablespoons of olive and crack open eggs, sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fry sunnyside up or to your liking.
Note: Wiping the frying pan clean is optional, if you prefer use the left over oil to fry your eggs.
3) Arrange tomato wedges, cheese, kolbasi, bread and egg/s on each plate, serve while hot.
- Cut kolbasi while very cold or slightly frozen to help hold their shape when frying.
- During winter replace fresh tomato with fried tomatoes or ajvar.
» Related Recipes
» Metric Converter