This is a traditional recipe from Macedonia, made of dough, meat and eggs, which is also known as “Macedonian pizza”. The name comes from the word "pastrma", meaning salted and dried meat of lamb. Traditional pastrmajlija is long shaped, with a topping of small cubes of dried pork or lamp meat, and served with two eggs on the top of it. It is very delicious meal, very often prepared in this areas.
1. Soak the yeast and after a while, put it into flour and prepare the paste.
2. Divide the paste into 4 equal pieces.
3. Use rolling tin to make each of these pieces thin and flat.
4. Chop the meat.
5. Add salt.
6. Put the meat on top of each piece of dough and spread it.
7. Put lard (or margarine) on the meat and if you prefer add pepper also.
8. Put the pastrmajlii (prepared like this) in the oven.
9. Bake it on temperature of 250oC.
10. Before they are ready, add 1 egg and finish the baking. . Serve it hot, as it’s best to be eaten.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
Note: The information shown is Edamam's estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Powered by Edamam
Trending This Week