Clams, Samphire, Cider
With the Margaret River Gourmet Festival around the corner, featured chef Matt Stone shares a delicious recipe for you to try at home!
- 1kg clams
- 300mls dry cider
- 200gr Samphire
- 1 stick celery
- 1 lemon
- 6 shallots
- ¼ cup sugar and ¼ cup salt for curing
- 20gr butter
- Finely slice the whole lemon, celery and shallots. Mix in a bowl with the sugar and salt.
- Leave to cure for 45 minutes and then rinse under cold water.
- Trim and wash samphire. Place a heavy based pot on a high heat. Once extremely hot add the clams. 4. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add the samphire and cider, reduce by half.
- Next add the vegetable mix and butter. Stir and take off the heat.
- Serve in a large bowl.