Looking for Christmas Party recipes? Try Sophie Michell's duck recipe.
Start of by placing a frying pan on a medium heat, add the duck breasts skin side down, straight away, don't worry about waiting for the pan to heat up. Cook like this for 10 minutes or so. You want the fat to come out of the skin and to start to crisp up, turn up the heat and cook until golden ( another 8 minutes) , then flip over and brown on the flesh side.
Add the butter to a saucepan and gently fry off the onion and garlic until golden brown. Then add the rice and saffron, mix well to cover with the butter and add the stock. Then finally add the sour cherries, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the stock have evaporated. While you are waiting for the rice to cook, finish off the duck by putting in a medium hot oven for 5-10 m ins until cooked to your liking
When the rice is done, add the herbs, and orange zest, season and fork through, leave it sit covered for another 5 minutes.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
Note: The information shown is Edamam's estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
• Prick or score duck fat to help it release/render out the fat – you can save this fat and use for roasting potatoes
• Duck can be browed to release fat and then finished in the oven for a more all round cooking
• Make sure your meat is well rested to help keep it juicy ands tender
• Make sure the onions are properly golden browned as this adds a sweetness to the dish
• You can use pomegranate molasses in beverages, sauces, marinades, salad dressings and many other dishes.
• Try making a pomegranate soda by mixing 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses with a little bit of lemon juice and sugar, then adding club soda. You can also add rum or vodka for a refreshing cocktail.
• Try adding 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses and a little sugar to a simple lemon vinaigrette. Serve it over greens tossed with toasted walnuts, golden raisins and goat cheese.
Trending This Week