Looking for Christmas party recipes? This beef recipe will go down a treat.
For the beef::
Sear beef in a hot pan with a little oil then brush eng mustard all over it
Lay out a sheet of cling film longer than the fillet. Place the ham over it, overlapping the pieces to cover entirely
Finely chop the herbs and mix with the tomato puree then spread over the fillet
Place the fillet on the ham and roll up tightly using the clingfilm, when you have a tight roll secure in the clingfilm twisting the edges to create a sausage shape
Poach the fillet in just simmering water for about 25 mins then remove and leave to cool.
When the fillet is cooled fry in a hot pan until the Parma ham crisps up, remove and slice into thick rounds and place on a large platter alongside the celeriac remoulade
For The Remoulade::
Place the egg yolks, mustard and vinegar into a food processor and blend until pale and creamy.
With the motor running, pour in enough oil, in a steady stream, until the mayonnaise is thick.
Place the celeriac, lemon juice, mustard, seasoning and parsley into a large bowl. Mix together well and stir in the home-made mayonnaise. Season to taste.
Mix to combine and serve with the beef
1. Poaching differs from boiling in which food is vigorously cooked for the duration of the cooking time. Boiling can toughen beef and poaching allows the beef to retain its tenderness, moisture, and flavor.
2. When poaching beef, it is important to use tender cuts so that the gentle heat of the poaching process will cook the meat thoroughly.
3. It is important that the meat be totally covered with the poaching liquid in order to achieve the proper results.
4. Poaching is a healthy cooking method because no additional fat is required for cooking the beef.
5. Poaching in cling film help to keep the juices in the meat and therefore make it more tasty, it also helps the beef to keep its shape.
Trending This Week