» Print Recipe
Indulge in this nutritious high protein, high taste lamb main recipe by Jacqui Gowan of The Burlington restaurant.
Half the eggplants, score the meat deeply and place plenty of salt in the eggplant allow to stand for 15min rinse and pat dry
Oil a grill and place the eggplant on the grill scored side down till coloured place on a tray and place in the oven until soft
Scoop out the meat and roughly chop and leave aside
In a pan sauté onion and garlic until soft add the chilli and sauté for 1min remove from heat and add the diced eggplant, capsicum and tomatoes mix well
When mixture is cool add the herbs, lemon juice, oil and correct with salt and pepper
Serve with grilled lamb rump
• Minimal carbohydrates
• High in protein from the lamb
• Good source of antioxidants
• Good source of antioxidants from the tomatoes and herbs
• Good source of Vitamin C from the tomatoes
• The dish as moderate fat content (although it is largely good fat as the olive oil which is high in monounsaturates).
• This dish also contributes to our daily fibre requirements.
» Related Recipes
» Metric Converter