Looking for healthy recipe ideas? Try this nutritious and delicious fish recipe from The Burlington's light lunch menu.
Place orange zest and cinnamon in a pot of water and bring to the boil and reduce by half (you need enough liquid to cover the quinoa)
Dice the onion, carrot, capsicum and zucchini small and sweat off in a small amount of oil set aside
Sweat off the chopped garlic, paprika and in a pan and add to the vegetables
Put the quinoa in a bowl and add salt, pepper and a knob of butter and stir add the hot liquid till covering the quinoa and cover with cling wrap for 5min
Folk the quinoa and check if cooked.
Add the vegetables, pistachios and currants and check the salt and pepper.
Finish with fresh chopped parsley.
Serve with grilled fish.
• Low Glycaemic Index due to the carbohydrate rich quinoa (the GI of quinoa is 51) – meaning no ‘empty carbs’
• Source of omega 3 fatty acids
• High in protein from the kingfish and the quinoa
• Excellent source of antioxidants from vegetables, currents and cinnamon (there is also some evidence that cinnamon plays a role in controlling blood sugars and reducing appetite)
• Good source of minerals from the kingfish, vegetables, quinoa and nuts
• Good source of Vitamin C and Fibre
Trending This Week