Aussie Beer Bush Damper
An easy-to-make Aussie classic!
- 3 cups of self raising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp of Akudjura powder – ground bush tomato
- 2 tsp native Mountain Pepperleaf powder
- ½ tsp of roasted ground wattle seeds
- ½ bottle of Cooper Best Extra Stout
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl and then gradually add the beer.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until the mix comes together.
- Turn out of the bowl and kneed for several minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Form the dough into a round loaf shape and score the top of the loaf in six wedges.
- Put in a hot oven on baking paper on the tray or wire rack and cook at 200 degrees or 180 fan forced – spray with water and cook for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- The damper is ready when it is crispy on the outside and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Turn out on a wire rack and cool or rip it apart straight away, slather it in butter and eat with a cup of tea!