Kangaroo meat is very low in fat, usually less than 2%. This is lower than most other red meats. This makes Kangaroo very healthy but also means it must be cooked carefully. Kangaroo is also very high in protein and iron.
1) First things first, switch the oven on to 350°F (180°C, Gas Mark 4).
2) Start with the red sauce. Chop all the onion and garlic and brown off in a frying pan. Then add the ground beef and brown.
3) Add the tomatoes and stir.
4) Add the Wattle seed, Basil, salt and pepper. At this point I would also add a dash of Worcester Sauce if you have any, or a dash of red wine.
5) While the meat sauce is simmering, start the white sauce. To do this melt a bit of butter in a sauce pan, then add flour to make a paste. Then very slowly start adding milk. The key is to add the milk very slowly, otherwise the sauce become lumpy. When you have mixed all the flour and milk, add cheese until it tastes nice and cheesy!
6) Now layer the ingredients repeatedly, starting with the Meat Sauce, then the pasta, ending with the Bechamel Sauce.
7) Put it in the oven to cook for about 45 mins, or until nice and brown on top.
Serve with lots of love garlic bread salad and lots of beer or red wine.
Fan bloody fantastic!!
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
Note: The information shown is Edamam's estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Trending This Week