You can’t have Christmas without roast turkey. And you can’t have roast turkey without Willie’s perfectly scrumptious turkey stuffing, filled with flavour and simple to make!
• One large brown onion, finely diced
• 3 stalks of celery, finely chopped
• 3 rashers of bacon, chopped into small cubes
• 50g butter
• Dash of port
• 100g breadcrumbs
• Handful of porcini mushrooms
• One egg
• 100g chestnuts, drained and chopped
• 100g mixture of apples, herbs and walnuts
• 20g grated cacao
1. In a saucepan, sweat off the onions and celery in the butter.
2. As the onions and celery are sweating, place the breadcrumbs, apples and nut mixture in a bowl.
3. Into the bowl, add the porcini mushrooms, squeezing the excess liquid from the mushrooms with your hands into a cup.
4. Add the egg, chestnuts and cacao and mix well.
5. Add the bacon to the saucepan and stir.
6. Splash in some port to deglaze.
7. Add the dry breadcrumb mixture to the saucepan and stir in well.
8. Place mixture into a baking tin and cook for an hour – the last hour of cooking the turkey to ensure it does not dry out.
Watch Willie’s Perfect Chocolate Christmas on The LifeStyle Channel.