Have you made it yet?
As we start to leave lockdown, it seems our obsession with budget-busting, easy recipes hasn't waned in any way.
In fact, a two-ingredient recipe for bread has people scratching their heads about exactly how, and why, it tastes so good for something so quick and easy!
This ice cream bread is no exception with one mum, Wendy Moore from Sydney, admitting that after numerous tests, it works best with the cheapest ice cream you can buy!
Here's her recipe in full:
Wendy’s two ingredient, easiest bread you’ll ever bake!
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups melted ice-cream (the cheaper the better!!)
- Mix roughly (don’t overwork – you literally just stir them together).
- Spoon into loaf tin, sprinkle a pinch of salt flakes on top.
- Bake in 175 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
"It tastes like a scone, says Wendy. "And it's the perfect treat for a school lunchbox."
And once you make the first batch, you can then add chocolate, fairy bread sprinkles - the world is really your oyster!