Christmas ham is often the centerpiece of Christmas lunch, and Chef Grant Croft has some simple tips for the perfect and impressive ham.
Here are his quick tips for the perfect ham:
- Book the ham in advance. If you haven't already done it, do it!
- The first step is to remove the skin and score the ham 1cm apart.
- In each score, place a clove.
- This is for decoration but will also add flavour.
- Keep the glaze really simple. All you need is brown sugar and a little vinegar for a sweet and sour effect.
- Glaze all over, bake the oven at 160 degrees for 90 minutes and add glaze every 20 minutes until completion.
For delicious ham recipes, check out our Christmas Ham Recipe Collection