Ever wonder what makes a Max Brenner Hot Chocolat taste SO good?! Well, above and beyond a great recipe, there are a number of ways you can make the perfect hot chocolate, every time!
Here are the tips and tricks from the Max Brenner experts:
1. The star of the show, the chocolate, is the most important ingredient in creating a delicious hot chocolate. Max Brenner’s signature Caibos (milk or dark chocolate chunks RRP: $14.00) are our special secret – heaven on earth, in a Hug Mug!
2. Whilst chocolate is the heart and soul of a Max Brenner Hot Chocolat, the milk also needs special attention! Be careful not to overheat the milk – as a guide it’s best to aim for around 60-70°C - so keep a thermometer handy to know when to stop heating! Those looking for more than just a milk moustache might want to add a splash of cream for the ultimate indulgence.
3. Get whisked away. There is nothing better than an even layer of froth on the top of a warm hot chocolate! Max Brenner recommends about 1cm of froth for the perfect hot chocolate, but you can adjust this by whisking for longer or shorter periods of time.
4. Create a dual layered hot chocolate for the ultimate treat. Fill your mug two-thirds full with hot chocolate, and then top with an extra layer of frothy milk and marshmallow for a ‘chococino’.
5. For an indulgent twist, Max recommends real vanilla beans or a splash of liqueur. Yum!
Maximise your Hot Chocolat experience and enjoy it in our famous Hug Mug for the ultimate chocolate drinking ceremony!
For more information about Max Brenner or to shop online, please visit www.maxbrenner.com.au