Follow these top tips and tricks from SPC to keep your kids healthy and excited about food.
1. Make sure you pack an SPC Power Pulp™ in their bag to eat on-the-go before their afternoon sport activities. It’s the perfect snack to keep them going.
2. Stix are a delicious sorbet that kids will love as an afternoon snack or dessert.
3. Try freezing your SPC Fruit Crush-ups™ before putting them in their lunchbox. They will still be icy by lunchtime and will keep the rest of their lunch cool and fresh.
4. Try piping some SPC Fruit Crush-ups™ onto plain biscuits – the kids will love it.
5. For a fun fruit treat for the young ones, why not try SPC® single portion fruit snacks? They fit easily into any lunchbox and make it easy for your kids to meet their daily intake* of fruit. Plus, they’re so yummy!
6. Decant into a container and put your SPC Fruit Salad in the fridge the night before to give your smoothies that extra chill and yourself an even more refreshing start to the day!
7. When cooking more than one potato at a time, make sure their sizes and shapes are similar. This will ensure they all cook to that perfect level of goodness.
8. Bruschetta is a great appetiser at parties, but maybe not for the kids. To make it a little more interesting try cutting the bread diagonally for more than 1 or 2 bites per piece and get the kids to help you load on the toppings.
9. To get the greatest benefit from fruit, variety is key. Different fruit contains different nutrients. Enjoying SPC Tropical Fruit Salad as a base for your own fruit salad is a sure way to get a greater variety of fruit into the kids’ diet.
10. Is it hard to get your whole family to sit down at the dinner table at the same time? Why not try a hot pot? Once prepared leave it to gently simmer so that any late arrivals will still get a great wholesome meal.
11. Did you know people that keep fruit snacks in the fridge eat more fruit? So always keep some SPC® Fruit Snacks™ in your fridge, chilled and ready to eat.
12. SPC® Baked Beans now come in a resealable pack that will reduce wastage and last up to 5 days in the fridge. That’s even more reason to have SPC® Baked Beans on hand - to enjoy as a snack or to add as a key ingredient to your favourite recipes.
*The recommended fruit intake is 2 serves a day.(Serve = 150g.) Based on the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating (1998) developed by the Department of Health and Ageing.