A wok is an essential tool for any kitchen, and if you look after it, you’ll have it for years.
Woks are wonderful kitchen pans. They cook super quickly, you can cook for lots of people, and best of all, there’s only one pan to wash up.
- Woks must to be seasoned before their first use, and then annually
- If your wok is starting to stick or rust it’s time for a season
- To season your wok, throw it on a high heat on the stove until the metal changes colour.
- Add a cup of salt, swirl it around and leave it on for 10-20 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- After heating the salt tip it into a container (not the bin, as it will burn a hole right through it).
- Lastly add a few drips of oil into the wok, and rub it around the pan to stop it from sticking and rusting