If there’s one thing that can make French toast taste even better, it’s Nutella!
An Aussie home cook has shared her super-easy recipe for French toast with a chocolatey twist that takes just three minutes to whip up.
Sharing her video on TikTok, the home cook posted her recipe which has quickly become her most popular post.
And it’s as simple as flattening white bread, spreading a good amount of Nutella, rolling it up into long cylinders and frying before dipping in cinnamon sugar – yum!
Here’s exactly how to make it:
- White bread
- Strawberries (cut)
- Two eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Five tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Butter (to fry)
- Maple syrup or honey (to serve)
- Cut off the crusts of your white bread and flatten it with a rolling pin.
- Spread as much Nutella on it as you would like and sprinkle cut up strawberries along the base of the bread. Roll it into a log.
- Make up an egg mixture with two whisked eggs, 1/4 cup of milk, three tablespoons of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence. Then make up a separate bowl with sugar and cinnamon stirred together.
- Dip the toast fingers in the egg mixture and fry them with butter in a frypan.
- Roll the fingers in cinnamon sugar.
Fellow home-cooks have been ‘drooling’ over this delicious breakfast idea and couldn’t wait to try it.
“My kids will love you for this,” on commented, with another saying, “My God I can't believe how good that looks”.
Other’s gave alternate filling suggestions which sound just as tasty.
“I also do this with peanut butter and banana... it tastes really good," wrote one person.
Watch Masterchef UK weeknights at 8:30pm on LifeStyle Food.
Stream over 50 different sports & action-packed shows available across multiple devices with Foxtel Now. Available with a 10-day free* trial.