Second-time Star Baker Sian shares her top tips to recreate her incredible Chestnut and Chocolate Yule Log recipe from episode 5.
This incredible masterpiece is both visually striking and a technical feat. Use the helpful tips in the video above to guide you through the process.
How to Remove the Tough Chestnut Shells
- Score the chestnuts before you cook them
- Always boil them first to get moisture under the shell. Then, when you put them in the oven the shells will break off
- Wrap them in a tea towel straight from the oven to trap in the steam, then remove the shells
Making the Swiss Roll
- Get them out of the oven and roll them up immediately when they are still warm to avoid getting cracks in them
- Make sure you roll it up nice and tight and have enough filling
Inside the swiss roll
Sian's Final Words of Wisdom
Be precise and always stick to your recipe!
The incredible final result
Try your hand at Sian's Chestnut and Chocolate Yule Log recipe HERE