Slow Food was founded by Carlo Petrini in Italy in 1986 and is an international organisation dedicated to promoting:
• Stewardship of the land and ecologically sound food production
• Reviving the kitchen and the table as the centres of pleasure, culture, and community
• Invigorating and proliferating regional, seasonal culinary traditions
• Creating a collaborative, ecologically-oriented, and virtuous globalisation
• Living a slower and more harmonious rhythm of life
Slow Food boasts 83,000 members worldwide and offices in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, the USA, France, Japan, Great Britain and Australia.