Super fast and super tasty!
If you're after a quick and easy dessert tonight, this one's for you.
Although mug cakes cop a bad wrap as a "lazy" alernative to baking, one food blogger has put a tangy spin on the simple recipe - adding Australian passionfruits.
Taking to Instagram, Nagi, the blogger behind Recipe Tin Eats, shared her recipe for passionfruit cake in a mug - and the results look delicious.
Eager fans were quick to comment on the innovative little dessert, with one writing: "Didn’t think I was into mug cakes...until now!"
"OMG! just saw it, just made it, just delicious," another added.
So, how can you make your own passionfruit mug cake? Checkout the recipe below.
- 2 tbsp (30g) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 juicy passionfruit, halved, plus extra to serve if desired.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 4 tbsp plain flour (all purpose)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp white choc chips
- Place butter in mug - melt in microwave (15 – 20 sec).
- Add oil, passionfruit pulp, vanilla extract & yolk, mix with a fork.
- Add sugar, flour and baking powder, mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes or until top is just set and skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean - it overcooks quickly, so it’s better to take it out slightly early and pop back in for 10 sec increments if needed.
- Serve with ice-cream & more fresh passionfruit
Yum! Are you keen to try this out? Let us know on LifeStyle Food's Facebook page.
More on LifeStyle Food: