We grill comedian, Josh Thomas, about all things food-related ahead of his culinary battle on Celebrity Come Dine With Me Australia.
1. Who do you see as your biggest competitor on the show?
It's 2 married woman, a young homosexual and an ex-football player model. I think probably the ex-football player model is going to be quite popular.
2. Who is your biggest inspiration in the kitchen?
3. Do you have a favourite cookbook or chef?
Lately I've been trying to make French food - which means Gastronomique Larousse and Julia Child.
4. What ingredient could you not live without?
Chicken. I cook so much chicken. It's healthy and easy and versatile. I just got 3 adorable pet baby chickens though and they live in the dining room until they are big enough to go outside, so we've been eating a lot more steak.
5. Which do you prefer - savoury or sweet?
Sweet. To me sweet is the point. When I was a kid it was always 'If you don't eat dinner then you won’t get dessert.' and to this day dinner is a big facade so I can eat cake.
6. What’s your favourite restaurant in Australia?
At the top end - Quay in Sydney. In the middle - The European in Melbourne. And on the cheaper side anywhere on Victoria St in Melbourne - I heart Pho/ Chu Teh 9 or maybe Pacific BBQ House.
7. Describe your ultimate last meal in foodie heaven.
I think if I was about to die I would just eat a wide variety of deep fried things. All my favourite meals deep-fried. Deep fried Spaghetti Bolognaise, deep fried chocolate pudding and a deep fried espresso martini.
8. What has been your biggest foodie disaster?
When I was a small child I tried to make ginger bread men and I didn't realise garlic was different to ginger.
9. What’s your favourite type of cuisine to cook?
10. Where’s your favourite culinary destination to travel to?
France, not surprisingly. I was just in Nice for the first time and it was the best, it's near the Italian border so it has great French food and great Italian food which is just the best.
Will Josh be the host with the most?
Don't miss Celebrity Come Dine With Me Australia on Tuesday, December 11 at 8.30pm on The LifeStyle Channel, LifeStyle FOOD, LifeStyle HOME and LifeStyle You