If you’re looking for a new sweet treat to get you through isolation, you’ve found it!
But of all the easy and delicious slow cooker recipes out there, this might just take the cake – or should we say cookie?
Food website, Delish have posted a giant slow cooker cookie and people around the world can’t get enough of it.
The best part is that it’s extremely simple to put together and only requires some basic pantry staples.
Here’s what you’ll need and how to put it together.
- 100 g butter, softened
- 100 g caster sugar
- 75 g brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- large pinch salt
- 250 g chocolate chips
1. Grease the bowl of your slow cooker. Use two strips of parchment paper to line the base.
2. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
3. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until fully combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips and then add cookie dough to slow cooker.
5. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours (or low for 5 to 6 hours), or until the cookie is almost completely cooked through. Remove cookie from the slow cooker and place on a cooling rack to cool.
And there you have it – a giant cookie.
Now that’s all that’s left to do is slice it up, top it with ice-cream and dig in while you binge your favourite shows. Enjoy!
Read more on LifeStyle: