The recipe for an Aussie favourite like you've never made it before!
According to a post on the Facebook group, Slow Cooker Recipe & Tips, this “amazing” pavlova was created in a slow cooker over two hours.
The classic Aussie Pavlova is usually cooked in the oven and is notoriously difficult to get just right.
But, this home-cook's recipe suggests it’s possible to take an old-tried-and-tested recipe and turn it into a slow cooker favourite.
The anonymous Facebook cook revealed to others in the group, "Today, I thought that it would be fun to try the slow cooker Pavlova, and the results were amazing as you can see”
Fans of the recipe were quick to praise how great it was with many suggesting that this might be the key to finally creating the successful pavlova that has alluded them so far!
Here's the recipe (courtesy of Slow Cooker Recipe & Tips/Facebook)
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 and 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- Separate egg whites from yolks
- Discard or use yolks for alternative usage
- Line slow cooker with baking paper
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form
- Gradually add 1 tablespoon of caster sugar at a time, mixing each time you add
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk until just combined
- Pour the pavlova mix into lined slow cooker
- Place dry clean tea towel between slow cooker bowl and lid to absorb condensation during cooking
- Cook on LOW
- Depending on your slow cooker this may take from 1hr to 2hrs but check after 1hr.
- Leave IN slow cooker to cool, with lid off and swap tea towel for a dry tea towel
Dress with whipped cream and fruit (such as passion-fruit, mango, strawberries, kiwi fruit etc)
Will you give this recipe a go?