River Cottage on the road with Subaru
Paul West takes you on a tour of the Eveleigh markets in Sydney. Meet the local growers and discover some of their favourite recipes.
This week, Paul explores the Eveleigh markets in Sydney and cooks up a delicious steak dish.
Grilled Flank Steak with Chimmichuri & Smoked Paprika Dressed Market Salad
- 2x flank steak
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup redwine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Smoked paprika dressing:
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 30ml redwine vinegar
- 90ml olive oil
- Remove steak from fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
- Finely chop flat leaf parsley and garlic cloves and combine with red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Heat a fry pan to a high heat, season flank generously and cook to medium rare, let rest.
- Finely chop a variety of fresh seasonal vegetables for the market salad.
- Combine all ingredients for dressing and tehn lightly dress the salad.
- Thinly slice the flank steak across the grain, lay strips on a bed of the dressed salad and drizzle over the chimmichuri.
Check out these local growers:
Champion Mountain Organics
Champion's mountain organics, certified for over 20 years, specialising in leafy greens and seasonal, local produce less that 100 km from Sydney.
Linga Longa Farm Wingham
Pastured certified beef direct from our family farm in the Manning Valley to your family, with no artificial growth stimulants or antibiotics, giving you the quilting produce that you can only get buying direct from the farmer
Block 11 Organics
Block 11 is a small producer of organic vegetables.
Greg Kocanda grows organic vegetables on his farms at ‘Rivers Road Organic Farms’ Canowindra, Borendore and Nashdale NSW.Seasonal vegetables are grown to supply local businesses, organic wholesalers in Sydney and various Farmers Markets in Sydney.
Block 11 prides itself on Quality Fresh Organic Produce.