A sticky, gooey cake that takes just minutes to prepare has become one of Australia's most-talked about slow cooker desserts.
The recipe for the Slow Cooker Mars Bar Lava Cake only uses three ingredients (plus some pantry items) and can be assembled in minutes, taking just two hours to cook.
After it was shared more than 100,000 times on Facebook, it's now become the go-to recipe of slow cooker fans who are raving about it on social media.
Photo courtesy of Slow Cooker Recipe & Tips, Facebook
The Facebook page Slow Cooker Tips & Recipes shared the recipe with many commenting on how easy it is to make.
“It’s easy, cheap and delicious,” said one.
"If you love a creamy, calorie-filled dessert tonight, try this. Delicious," said another.
Here’s the recipe in full:
Mars Bar Lava Cake (courtesy of the Slow Cooker Recipe & Tips Facebook page)
1 x packet/box Chocolate Cake Mix
1 x Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
3 x Mars Bars
1. Make cake mix following the instructions on packet.
2. Put cake mix in slow cooker
3. Make chocolate pudding according to instructions on the packet.
4. Pour on top of cake mix - DO NOT STIR
5. Cut up Mars Bars and sprinkle over the top. Do not stir together.
6. Cook on high for 1-2 hours until cake is cooked.
For more great slow cooker desserts, try these: