St Patrick's Day is fast becoming one of the most celebrated occasions on Australian calendars. Get some top tips on how to cook Irish food this year!
With the day fast approaching, Angela Gallagher has provided her top tips for celebrating St Patrick's Day. Whether it be at home or at the parade, follow this guide and you'll impress even the fussiest of guests!
- If cooking an Irish treat for your family, get the kids to help you make some Irish Boxty Pancakes, which go perfectly with Smoked Salmon, Corned Beef or Lamb Shoulder, with a light dill cream sauce.
- Take your time when cooking: some of the best Irish dishes take time to prepare and time to cook, like Lamb Shanks, which are best made after 10 hours of braising
- If you have time, visit the St Patrick's Day Parade where there are a number of Irish delicacies on offer. With Irish as the one of the dominating heritages in Australia, everyone should experience the parade at least once and is a great day spent with the kids!
- Whilst enjoying your Irish Stew or Beef and Guinness Pie, always have a pint of Guinness handy - you never know when someone will toast to your good health!
- Above all else, do as the Irish do, and have fun!