Although these beautiful cakes appear to be difficult, they’re far from it.
Layer cakes are a beautiful way to celebrate important occasions, from birthdays to baby showers. And while they look impressive, they are simple to put together and will delight your guests, what ever the celebration.
Here are Donna's simple tips for creating a layered master piece.
- When assembling layer cakes, it can sometimes be a little tricky to judge how much icing or filling to use along each step of the way.
- Depending on how many layers you’re working with and whether the cake is iced all over, it’s best to follow instructions carefully.
- If you’ve been given measurements in the recipe for this stage, it’s really worth using them. It will help to give your cake perfectly even layers, which not only look good when the cake is sliced, but will make the cake more stable.
- Following measurements also assists you in dividing the fillings, so you’re not left with too much at the end, or worse, not enough to spread onto the top of your cake.
- My Chocolate Fudge and Salted Caramel Layer Cake is layered with whipped dark chocolate ganache spread onto rich chocolate fudge cakes, drizzled with caramel and sprinkled with sea salt. Use the cup measures given, to guide you to simple, even layering and a smooth finish.
Check out Donna's Easy Chocolate Fudge Cake recipe and variations below: