Rye bread is easy to make, stays fresh for days and is packed with flavour!
Paul West shows us how to make delicious and healthy loaves of rye bread. All you need is:
- 400g Rye Flour
- 500g Strong White Bakers Flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 7g Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 600 ml Warm Water
1. Combine flours with salt and yeast in a bowl.
2. Combine warm water and honey and pour over flours, mixing to form a sticky dough. Tip out onto a floured work surface and knead, pulling and stretching for 5-10 minutes.
3. Rest in an oiled bowl until risen by half, this should be about 45 minutes. Preheat oven 200C.
4. Knock the air out of the dough and place in a lightly floured tin. Leave to rise 20 minutes, dust with a little flour, then place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and let rest in tin 10 minutes.
5.Once cooled, assemble the meat on bread, adding relish, gherkins and another other condiments you like.
Find out how to make this yourself in the video above and cook along with Paul at home.
Plus get his full Pastrami Sandwich recipe here