Mamma mia – you can make ravioli? Anyone can with this handy how to guide.
- Roll your pasta dough through to the thinnest setting on a machine, then cut it into squares.
- Brush around the edge of each square with some beaten egg.
Make up your filling then put a little spoonful in the middle of each square.
TIP: Spinach and ricotta is a classic, or try some roasted butternut squash with a bit of sage. It’s easier to use cooked fillings, but you can use raw meat or fish – just make the parcels small and adjust the boiling time so it cooks through.
- Put another square of pasta on the top and tuck it around the filling. Work from the edge of the filling outwards to make sure you don’t get any air bubbles which can make them burst.
- Cut the ravioli into circles with a round biscuit cutter.
- Bring a big pan of salty water to the boil then boil the ravioli for 3-4 minutes, that’s all they’ll need if your pasta is paper thin.
- You can then just toss it in some sauce or melted butter and enjoy. Simple!
Check out all the recipes featured on Cookery School.