It's doughy, cheesy, and extra greasy!
The world of pizza is filled with endless possibilities, often leaving us in heated discussions, pineapple or no pineapple? Cheesy-filled crust or wood fired delight? Regardless, most of us would have to admit we love the Italian-baked treat.
And while take-away's cop flack for not being "authentic" enough, the folks at Domino's have one thing down pat - and that's a chicago style, Deep Dish pizza.
Thankfully for us, one blogger from BuzzBiti.com has shared the recipe to recreate the mouth-watering experience at home.
- 1 packages Pillsbury’s Flaky Roll Dough (available in Sydney and Melbourne USA Food stores.)
- 2 tbsp Unico’s Hot and spicy pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cup shredded pizza mozzarella
- 15 Pepperoni
- 2 slice thick cut bacon
- 2 tbsp stuffed colossal olives sliced
- Preheat your oven to 190°C.
- Next, open your Pillsbury Flaky Roll dough, there are 10 pieces. Cut each piece into four giving you 40 pieces.
- In a 9 inch cake pan place all 40 piece’s in the pan. Starting from the outside and working your way to the middle.
- Take your pizza sauce and brush over all the dough. Then next I put on the first layer of cheese and build my pizza up from there with the toppings.
- Once all the toppings are in place, put the last of the cheese on. Covering the entire surface of the pizza.
- Bake it in the over for 16 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Carefully remove the pizza from the cake pan and place on a plate and enjoy. You do not need to cut this pizza.
FYI, this serves four. Or, erm, two if you're feeling peckish. But no judgement here!
Would you recreate this Deep Dish Pizza at home? Let us know on LifeStyle Food's Facebook page.
More on LifeStyle Food: