Matt Moran shows you how to make a delicious beef pie that will feed 6 people.
1. Place the upturned pie dish on a piece of puff pastry and cut around it.
2. Make some indentations in the pastry.
3. Egg wash the pastry then put it in the oven at 200 degrees on some baking paper.
4. Cut 2 kilos of beef into cubes.
5. For the marinade add some thyme, garlic, some fresh bay leaves and some red wine to cover. Have a glass for yourself!
Refrigerate for 6 hours.
6. Put some oil in the casserole dish...make sure it's really hot, add the meat and brown it.
7. Add some leeks, celery, carrot, garlic, pancetta and pearl onions. Then pour some red wine vinegar, add some more wine, and burn off the alcohol.
8. Put the beef in with the veges, add some veal stock, salt and pepper. Put the lid on. Let it braise for 2 1/2 hours.
9. Dish the meat and vegies into the pie dish. Carefully add the puff pastry to the top of the pie dish.
Then eat it and enjoy!