Ben O' Donoghue, the Fairy Ambassador gives us 8 entertaining tricks for the Christmas season.
1. Be organised! Plan you menu, research the recipes and order the food in advance.
2. Keep it simple when it comes to organising the menu – pick a theme and go with it!
3. Make sure you have Fairy Platinum in the cupboard to take care of the enviable stack of washing up
4. Delegate dishes, get guests to bring a plate!
5. This time of year is perfect for barbecuing as it takes the stress out of cooking complex meals
6. It also tastes better if you cook with seasonal food. At this time of year, peaches and cherries make for great accompaniments to meats and also in salads. Just keep it fresh!
7. It’s a stressful time of year so don’t feel like you have to make everything from scratch - buy good quality sauces and chutneys to add something extra to a dish!
8. On Christmas day, always cook more than you need so then you can live on leftovers for a few days after and not have to cook! A big leg of ham is great for that.