If you love gelato, you'll want to put together your application for this job ASAP.
Gelatissimo is on the hunt for a professional gelato taste tester to assess some new flavours. So if you think you've got the skills, now is your chance to shine.
The company posted their job on Airtasker and are offering to pay $500 to the top applicant.
All you have to do is reply to their job ad with a reason why you're the best person for the job.
But it's not all fun and games, you have to be able to "assess the quality of flavour on the basis of texture, colour, smell and appearance and can evaluate the nuances of flavours as objectively as possible," the job posting reads.
It's a one day gig, so probably don't quit your day job just yet and you'll need to available on Friday 27th September at Gelatissimo's Sydney office in Rydalmere where you'll undergo four hours of intensive taste-testing.
If you're wondering what you need to auccessfully taste test, Gelatissimo posted some basic rules, so you know what you're in for:
1. Make sure you’re in an environment with minimal distractions. Gelato tasting is serious business, so the sensory tasting needs to be as true and unbiased as possible.
2. Taste with your eyes. Is the appearance of the gelato visually appealing? If so, that’s a great start.
3. Next is the fun bit, the actual tasting. Taste from a spoon turned upside down and place the gelato directly onto your tongue to make sure you’re using all 10,000 of your trusty taste buds.
4. While you’re there, why don’t you take another spoonful (how can you resist?) and this time think about the texture. Gelato is known to be smooth and creamy, so make sure that requirement is met.
5. Have a cup of water nearby to rinse out your mouth between flavours, and then start again!
6. Your tongue and taste buds must be prepared for the job. The day before, please minimise caffeine, chilli and particularly hot food to ensure your palate is cleansed and your taste buds are undamaged. Please have a small breakfast to ensure your taste buds are at their most receptive. You’ll leave full, don’t worry.
Sounds like a dream job to us!