When it comes to dinner parties Sophie says it’s a family tradition when they get together, to give people a shot of something when they walk in the house. Get the lowdown on her foodie experience.
1. Who do you see as your biggest competitor on the show?
All of them! Matt is a sportsman so he’s competitive. Luke is very cheeky so he can get up to anything. Maria’s enthusiasm and vivaciousness would win over anyone!
2. Who is your biggest inspiration in the kitchen?
My mother definitely. She’s been a sensational home-cook ever since I can remember. So talented!
3. What’s your favourite cookbook?
I’ve got hundreds of cookbooks and I honestly couldn’t pick a fave, but I love anything with a modern Australian/Asian/Italian influence!
4. What condiment could you not live without?
5. Which do you prefer - savoury or sweet?
6. What would your last meal be?
Entrée - A seafood starter – sashimi, oysters and prawns, with French champagne, Main - Fillet of beef, beautifully cooked, with a green salad and the best hot chips known to man, with a gorgeous full-bodied shiraz, Dessert - Selection of my favourite cheese with quince paste, and a smooth desert wine
7. What is your biggest food indulgence?
Hot chips…they have to be done!
8. What’s your favourite type of cuisine?
I love Japanese food. I’m also partial to fresh seafood…and I love great Italian. This is a hard question!
9. Where’s your favourite place in the world to travel to?
Toss-up between Italy, Africa and New York.
10. What has been your biggest foodie disaster?
Pavlova! Was a horrible disaster when I was 10 years old and I never tried to do it again!