Captain of the Brisbane Broncos, Sam Thaiday tells us why Jamie Oliver's are his favourite cookbooks. We get the lowdown about his food experience.
1. Who do you see as your biggest competitor on the show?
I think my biggest competition on the show would be James, because of his job he would be very well travelled and would have eaten in a lot of nice restaurants around the world.
2. Who is your biggest inspiration in the kitchen?
My biggest inspiration in the kitchen would definitely be my job. I have to be able to cook for myself nice healthy meals to be able to perform at my best. When I first started the lack of knowledge in good food inspired me to learn more and cook healthy and clean but still with lots of flavour.
3. What’s your favourite cookbook?
My fav cook books are definitely Jamie Oliver's, lots of flavour and easy to use and read.
4. What condiment could you not live without?
Definitely salt and pepper and fresh rosemary and basil from the garden.
5. Which do you prefer - savoury or sweet?
Sweet over savoury any day, that's a silly question for me!
6. What would your last meal be?
My last meal would easily be 3 courses made up of entree 12 chicken wings hot with blue cheese sauce. Main would be rib eye steak cooked medium with duck fat roasted potatoes and steam vegetables. Dessert Crème Brûlée!
7. What is your biggest food indulgence?
Peanut Whoopee pie before every game from Dandelion and Driftwood
8. What’s your favourite type of cuisine?
To cook it would be seafood to go out and eat would be beautiful fresh Italian
9. Where’s your favourite place in the world to travel to?
10. What has been your biggest foodie disaster?
I burnt the garlic bread when my wife told me we were pregnant with our first baby