TV host Gretel Killeen jokes about her incompetence in the kitchen and writing her own cookbook. Get the hilarious lowdown on her foodie experience!
1. Who is your greatest competitor on the show?
I’m not actually thinking of the competition in the show because I’m pretty sure the only thing I’m going
to win is fourth place. I’m so incompetent in the kitchen that my favourite utensil is a fire extinguisher.
2. Who is your biggest inspiration in the kitchen?
I am. I’m always trying to do better than my last culinary disaster.
3. What’s your favourite cookbook?
I’m actually thinking of writing my own. It will be called ‘How to Boil The Perfect Egg (and cook other essentials, like toast)’
4. What condiment could you not live without?
The thing that always makes my food taste better is a peg on my nose.
5. Which do you prefer - savoury or sweet?
I like savoury with a sweet chaser (followed by a gargle of breath freshener)
6. What would your last meal be?
A can of beetroot slices.
7. What is your biggest food indulgence?
Mountains of tabouli
8. What’s your favourite type of cuisine?
Lebanese, Greek and anything cooked by someone other than me
9. Where’s your favourite place in the world to travel to?
The African continent
10. What has been your biggest foodie disaster?
The meal I cook for Come Dine With Me.