Sian tells us how to push the boundaries and master the classics.
Multiple Star Baker winner Sian shares her top tips for recreating her amazing classic showstopper dish from episode 9.
Sian's Top Tips in a Nutshell
- Make sure the puff pastry is chilled and well rested so you can stretch it out
- Bake puff pastry between 2 baking sheets so its nicely compressed
- Make sure the layers of the sponge in the opera cake are nice and thin, and make sure it's really well chilled before you slice it
- When you take the pastry out of the oven take the top tray off and let it sit a room temperature and cool down, then put the tray back down and weigh it with something hard
- Be organised, weigh everything out and don't get stressed
The gorgeous final product
Get Sian's Incredible High Tea recipe HERE.