Whether it's for a birthday or just any excuse to have cake, these 11 ways to decorate will have everyone thinking you're a master baker!
These cute and colourful designs are Insta-worthy and will make your friends green with envy. The brilliant part? It's not as hard to master as you may think!
1. Cake covered in kid's fruity cereal
2. Layer the top with lashings of chocolate ribbons
3. Fruit as the centrepiece
4. Dribbled edible paint a la Jackson Pollock
5. Macarons or biscuits as the focal point
6. Cake covered with doughnuts!
7. Cake covered in sprinkles
This tiny tiered cake is here to tell you that IT'S FRIDAY! ?????? And also that there is a (FREE) Empire screening/Q&A/Concert at The Grove tonight and I am about to lose my cool I'm so excited. If you see a crazy fan girl dressed in pink climbing on stage, it's probably me. ?? #dripdrop #youresobeautiful #OMG ??
8. Cake covered in edible mud aka chocolate chip cookies
9. Finished off with a colourful edible flower
10. Top with sticky sweet popcorn!
11. Decorate with jelly beans or smarties
I introduced our first cake to the blog nearly 3 years ago. Since then they've been a huge part of the daily content over on asubtlerevelry.com ???????? I ?? how much you love cake too!!! And I can't be any more happy to announce a soon coming BOOK OF CAKES!!! So many new recipes + features + tips to make your birthday cakes just the best. #letseatcake #comingsoon
The Great Australian Bake Off premieres exclusively on The LifeStyle FOOD Channel Tuesday October 13, 8.30PM AEST.
Want to create a cake? Click here to enter our 'Create a Cake' competition for your chance to win over $2,000 in prizes!
What's your tip to creating a cake with ease? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below!
Header Images: Raspberri Cupcakes