James Wong’s recipes will calm and sooth the stress that comes with Christmas. There’s also a little something to alleviate the often embarrassing effects of over-indulgence at your Christmas feast or Christmas Party!
SOOTH YOUR STRESS
Anti-anxiety Saffron Eggnog
Saffron comprises a mix of active ingredients such as Crocins and Safranal, which are thought to have an anti-depressant effect and help ease anxiety. James Wong’s Saffron Eggnog is the ideal stress soother for the busy festive season.
1. Pour 500ml milk into a saucepan.
2. Add 3 pinches of saffron, two bay leaves and two dried orange segments.
3. As the liquid simmers, add 3tbsps of golden syrup, 200mL cream.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes until the saffron has infused the milk.
5. Fish out the orange and bay leaves.
6. In a bowl, break three eggs and whisk saffron mixture into it.
7. Place bowl over a saucepan with water and stir continuously until it thickens to a custardy consistency.
8. Remove from the heat, pour into a jug and allow to cool.
9. Then add 150ml white rum.
10. Bottle and fridge the eggnog for 8 hours.
11. Serve in small glasses, with a sprinkle of grated nutmeg.
Watch Grow Your Own Drugs For Christmas on The LifeStyle Channel.