Rosehips are anti-inflammatory and full of Vitamin C. James’s unique concoction, including ginger, is full of anti-sickness properties, and sure to knock the headache caused by one to many glasses of wine at Christmas on the head!
Rosehip Sherbet Hangover Heaven
50g rosehips, serves 2
1. In a mortar and pestle smash the rosehips until the seeds are removed.
2. Place into a hot baking tray with salt and heat for half an hour.
3. Once the rosehips have cooled pop them into a spice grinder and whiz to a perfect powder.
4. Put grinded mixture into a mortar and pestle and add a teaspoon of dried ginger (which has compounds that can reduce the effects of nausea and reduce inflammation).
5. Add 3tbsp sugar, 2tsp bicarbonate soda and 1 tsp citric acid.
6. Add two litres of warm water, so that it bubbles, and serve.
Watch Grow Your Own Drugs For Christmas on The LifeStyle Channel.