Christmas is a hectic time for most, and often we are tired and run down. James Wong from Grow Your Own Drugs offers up his secrets to curing the common cold and giving us a much-needed lift in all the mayhem in his Christmas Special.
Roasted Cranberry Minced Pies
These cranberry Christmas delights, full of Vitamin C, will pack a punch at your Christmas feast.
Serves: 1kg cranberries make about 15 pies
1. Place cranberries into baking trays and add slices of green cooking apples.
2. Add one teaspoon of mixed spice, 100ml maple syrup and 100g butter.
3. Coat all cranberries and apples with the spice and syrup and distribute the butter evenly throughout the trays.
4. Roast at 180 for 30 mins until fruit has shrunk slightly.
5. Remove from oven and add 100g candied orange peel, 2tbsp rum and 300g soft gooey brown sugar.
6. Spoon mixture into pastry cups and sprinkle with icing sugar and candied orange peel.
Watch Grow Your Own Drugs For Christmas on The LifeStyle Channel.