Turn your Christmas left overs into a quick and easy Caesar Salad by making the most out of extra Christmas ham. And all it will take is the time to soft boil an egg or two!
Ed’s Christmas left overs Caesar Salad
Start with the eggs
1. Place a few eggs into rapidly boiling water, and cook for 5 minutes by the clock.
In the meantime...
2. Make croutons out of the bread used at Christmas by slicing the baguettes into 1cm thick slices and frying them in olive oil until they’re golden.
3. The dressing:
- Spoonful of mustard
- Some roughly chopped capers
- A couple of anchovy fillets
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Clove of garlic, smashed and chopped
4. Prepare the ham by cutting it into ½cm thick steak like pieces and frying it in the same pan used for the croutons to boost the flavour.
5. Chop the Cos lettuce, cut the ham and break the croutons into a bowl.
6. Add the eggs to the dressing, mashing them with the back of a fork.
7. Spoon the dressing over the Cos, ham and croutons and mix well with the hands.
8. Garnish with some shavings of parmesan.