Join us for drinks and nibbles. At these places you'll find Melbourne's best tapas.
1. Movida Bar de Tapas Y Vino || 1 Hosier Lane. Melbourne. Ph: (03) 9663 3038. movida.com.au
Famous for it’s authentic recipes and quality ingredients. How about the Tigra, stuffed mussel with dried chorizo and lemon aioli or Monte y Mar, pork-stuffed calamari with squid ink dressing? Squid ink!? Interesting… but delicious!
2. Gingerboy || 27 Crossley St Melbourne. (03) 9662 4200. gingerboy.com.au
Inspired from polished Asian street food, choose from a tapas menu in this laneway favourite like son in law eggs with chilli jam or wagyu and bamboo shoot dumplings with cashew soy.
3. Dig a Pony || 57 Ballarat St. Yarraville. Ph: (03) 9689 0110. digapony.com.au
Despite it’s odd name, this little Yarraville eatery has a cosy atmosphere and is a perfect spot for a drink and some tapas. Head chef Luis Naval-Aguilar conjures treats like Spanish croquettes, olives and Egyptian dukkah and flat bread.
4. Añada || 197 Gertrude Street. Fitzroy. Ph (03) 9415 6101. anada.com.au
Añada is a Fitzroy gem. Seasonal produce and Andalusian flavours are irresistible for repeat-offence tapas eaters. Savour a salt cod and garlic shoot croquette or crumbed lambs brain with pork belly red lentils if you dare, it’s worth it though.
5. Naked for Satan || 285 Brunswick Street. Fitzroy. Ph: (03) 9416 2238. nakedforsatan.com.au
Enjoy cheeky Pintxos (little crusty breads with goodies and tooth pick). Pick and choose your favourites and to accompany a smashing vodka list. Our fave is the wagyu bresaola but there’s dozens on offer.